It was a surprise when my long-lost friend texted me out of the blue, asking to have tea at TooTooMoo Patisserie that afternoon. I didn’t hesitate to agree because it had been a while since we saw each other and also because I hadn’t been to the place she chose. It sounded like fun for both of us!
TooTooMoo Patisserie is currently closed temporarily. From what I gathered, they're planning to move into a new place this year (2022). I hope it's coming soon!
At the time of the writing of this post, they were still on Imam Bonjol Street, central Surabaya and it was quite hard for us to find the place as the sign is not too visible for people to notice. But we finally made it, and honestly, this place is cute!
They specialize in cakes and pastries, but also have a brunch menu if you’re looking for something more filling.
I adore all of the drawings in every single corner of their wall; it’s incredibly cute.
Pick your cakes!
They got a TV that plays music program
And what drives my friend crazy? Magazines!
What did we eat?
It was a wonderful evening that we could spend together. After taking tons of pictures, finally, we could sit still and start having a real conversation about what we’d been missing out on from each other these past months. It’s so funny how time really flies!
I felt like I had just known her a little while ago, even though we had been friends for years. We were inseparable back then, and everything we went through together was priceless. We were talking nonsense and not realizing that hours had passed by—it was time to go home.
It is spacious and clean
Thoughts & Suggestions
- Although the place is tough to spot, if you follow my directions closely, you will arrive there safely.
- The parking lot is even smaller; in fact, they don’t have one. There is only space for one vehicle inside the house, with the rest of the cars parked wherever they can.
- It’s a very cute place; it has a youthful and fun atmosphere that is more suited to high school or college students, as well as female visitors.
- Unfortunately, I didn’t care for the Bamboo cake since there were nuts inside it, but my buddy adored her Blooming Love. The Triple Decker was too sweet and difficult to dig down, and we couldn’t finish it because it was so sweet. And the Gryphon Tea wasn’t terrible; in fact, I quite liked it.
- To be compared with Scrumptious Pastry, TooTooMoo is slightly cheaper and has more choices of cakes. Though I didn’t know they also sell eclairs. I’d prefer eclairs anytime.
- The owner was the one who served us and, in my opinion, she could stand to be more friendly.
- Name :
- TooTooMoo Patisserie
- Location :
- Jl, Imam Bonjol No. 38
- Operational Days & Hours :
- Closed on Tuesday
- Monday to Friday : 09.00 AM – 09.00 PM
- Saturday : 09.00 AM – 10.00 PM
- Sunday : 11.00 AM – 09.00 PM
- Walk in or Reservations :
- Walk in
- Wi-fi :
- Smoking :
- Not allowed (Outside Only)
- Paying with Cards :