Hi guys, how are you doing all? 🙂 Today I’m going to share with you about the newest coffee shop in the west side of Surabaya called Monopole Coffee Lab!
*ba dum tss*
Monopole Coffee Lab
I’ve gone to this place three times and every time it was so crowded! There were never any empty chairs.. And I always saw people with DSLR cameras there; taking pictures of the coffee, food, and ambiance. It made me feel a bit self-conscious and lose my mood to take blog photos.
I love taking pictures of places when they’re empty, but I realize that’s not always possible. Unless…Yes! I made an appointment and came an hour before the place opened to the public. Hahahahaha..(and surprisingly, there were other customers who came early too! Oh my.. But never mind, I was here first and got some great shots in before they showed up.)
Shall we? 😉
Monopole Coffee Lab has a bottom and top floor. The first floor is for Monopole Coffee itself and the second is for SAVE/THE/DATE (wedding videography) office in case you were wondering, heheh…
I savored my time while I was there, and even though the area wasn’t large, I got a lot of pictures–which makes me really happy! If you take a look at the picture above, you’ve pretty much seen everything in the space. But now, I’m going to give you a tour from my perspective with more detail.. 🙂 Let’s start with the right section.
I really like this area of Monopole, which has the only 6-person table and a tic tac toe game on it. It’s definitely the most lovely and spacious portion of Monopole. The composition of this corner is fantastic to me.
Moving on to the coffee bar
This is the rest of the dining area : the left, middle and the back
What I ordered :
Love it! ^^
Really good! But the portion is very small
Uhm.. Tasty, but.. A little bit bitter, I guess they put coffee in it, and the more you drink, the more you'll taste the bitterness, and the darker it will become..
Although there is only one toilet for both men and women, it is large, clean and doesn’t stink 🙂
My Opinion :
- Though it can be quite noisy, this place is usually pretty crowded and full of people. Whether that’s a good or bad thing depends on your preference.
- The ambience and atmosphere are both great.
- Visitors are usually from age 15-30
- Though I am not fond of coffee, fans of the drink love the coffee served here.
- I’m not a fan of their most popular red velvet, but you should give it a try first.
- Food is great. I’m waiting for the Nasi Goreng Ijo, when will it be ready? haha..
- The service is a bit slow because the restaurant is always full.
- Clean? Yes
- Price? Fair
- Waitress? Nice, Friendly
- Re-visit? Yes, if I could get an empty seat, or even a parking spot
That’s it for today’s post, I hope you enjoyed reading it, learn something, and hope this post that I made can give you a little bit of a sneak peak what you can expect when you visit Monopole Coffee Lab. I really enjoyed my time there, and would highly recommend for you to visit.
- Monopole Coffee Lab
- Jl. Raya Darmo Permai I/38 Surabaya
- CLOSED : Every MONDAY
- OPEN : Tuesday – Sunday start 01.00 PM
- Last Order : 09.00 PM
- Parking lot? Best one? In front of Kenari
- AC? Yes
- Smoking area? Outside only
- Wi-fi? Yes
- Electricity Outlet? Yes, but not at every table